Posted to alt.home.repair
Roy Roy is offline

Default Compressor Air Regulator

On Nov 16, 1:05*pm, Tony Miklos wrote:
Not exactly home repair but many of you have air compressors.

I'm fixing up an old Sears compressor and the regulator is broken. *I
got a "Campbell Hausfeld 3/8" air regulator" at Tractor supply. *It had
already been open but it was the only one in stock. *Tried it and it
didn't work. *Adjust it either way and it always put out full air pressure.

Stopped at Lows and got another one, looks identical but with the
"Kobalt" name. *This one seemed OK, then it started leaking. *Adjusting
it up and down a few times stripped the plastic adjustment knob so now
it can't be adjusted even if it didn't leak.

So where do I find a good regulator? *Harbor Freights "Industrial Air
Filter Regulator Unit Item # 98904 Manufacturer: Central Pneumatic
regulator" isn't rated very high.

==
Check your local "yellow pages" for air compressors or "air
equipment". I just went to my local farm supply and picked one up for
$18...made in Taiwan. Haven't installed it yet but looks as good as
the original.
==