Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Lee Valley Xmas catalog: something fishy....

CW wrote:
"Zz wrote in message
'k, I've been toying with the idea of making a seismograph using a
plumb bob, a pan of sand, and a wooden structure from which to hang
said bob.

Cut to page 3: A Veritas P724 PLUMB BOB!

A handsome tool made of brass with a stainless steel tip. And an
aluminum holder, with a rare-earth ring magnet to hold the bob in
place. Am I missing something?

I'm thinking they're bringing their April's Fools Tools out early.

-Zz

I really don't think you did justice to the description (sorry, I can't
seem to cut-n-paste from the catalog). You didn't even mention the
O-ring bumper.... And, on the same page, you have to admit the "pewter
Veritas bevel-up smoother plane key chain" is a steal for $9.50! : )

Bill