David Hall

Default OT - Is this representative of US public opinion? UK Newspaper Front Page

Renata wrote in message . ..
The question is, can anyone disagree with these facts?

for example, something not well advertised beyond stating that the tax
cuts are NOT only for the wealthy:

"88%: Percentage of American citizens who will save less than $100 on
their 2006 federal taxes as a result of 2003 cut in capital gains and
dividends taxes"

2 questions: what % saved more than $100 from ALL the tax cuts? What %
of taxes did that 88% pay in the first place?

Additionally,

"$42,000: Average savings members of Bush's cabinet are expected to
enjoy this year as a result in the cuts in capital gains and dividends
taxes

Question: how much is the average Bush cabinet member expected to pay
in taxes this year?

$42,228: Median household income in the US in 2001

Question: How much federal income tax will the average household
making $42,228 pay this year?

$116,000: Amount Vice-President Cheney is expected to save each year
in taxes

Question: How much in taxes is Dick Cheney expected to pay this year?

44%: Percentage of Americans who believe the President's economic
growth plan will mostly benefit the wealthy"

Question: What percentage believe that taxes are mostly paid by those
they describe as wealthy?

Can anyone dispute these? Can anyone tell us why they're so enamoured
of these tax cuts that are so extraordinarily helpful to y'all? Or is
this quite the elite group, on par with the Cabinet?

I wouldn't try to dispute the stats given, because they certainly seem
OK to me. I will dispute how they are contrived to try to give weight
to your viewpoint that the evil rich aren't giving you enough of their
money.

Renata

Dave Hall