Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Champ[_2_] Andy Champ[_2_] is offline

Default Cat5e v Cat6 install is it worth the difference in price?

On 16/11/2010 20:10, dennis@home wrote:

I doubt that, the current compression technology chucks stuff away and
degrades the image.
Compressing more will result in an even worse image.

Hover all that's pretty pointless worrying about as there is no life
beyond December 2012 anyway so worry about the now and don't waste time
worrying about the what-if?s

Can you donate all your goods to me on at the end of 2012 then as you
wont be needing them.

Future compressions will be cleverer and more efficient. Just the way
MPEG4 is better than MPEG2.

Chucking CPU power at the problem also permits better use of the
existing standards. _without_ any extra loss of quality.

Just because the beeb think a new encoder is better than it is doesn't
mean the problem is impossible.

Andy