Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Another reason ...

In article ,
William Sommerwerck wrote:
Wouldn't it be nice to find a politician who can see beyond the next
election? And actually have the good of the majority in mind?

Unfortunately, both Liberals and Conservatives pass laws based on what
they believe is morally or philosophically correct, without /any/ regard
for the consequences.

If only that were true. At least it would be honest.

There might be unintended consequences, but hardly any of them are
unpredictable.

Absolutely. There were plenty of predictions about the amount of gas in
'our' part of the North Sea and indeed there is actually more. But it has
been squandered producing 'cheap' electricity. When that can be made from
other means. But other means ain't so good as gas for heating and industry.

--
*I must always remember that I'm unique, just like everyone else. *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.