Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise[_3_] Rich Grise[_3_] is offline

Default Design for the dump?

ATP wrote:
"John" wrote in message

One of the big problems today is that there are not many skilled repair
persons out there, most of them are parts changers, but as I think back
the TV repair shops were mostly tube changers. I made good money
repairing
TV sets that the shops could not repair. I could do a complete alignment
right in the customers home. ]

I remember my father doing an alignment on the kitchen table. I don't
think we ever had to buy a TV, at that time, they were a significant
expense.

I read a thing, maybe in Readers' Digest, about some guy that got called
out on a service call; the wife at the customer's said that she had
vacuumed out the dust in the set, and "while we were in there, my husband
tightened down all the loose screws." (i.e., IF transformer tuning
slugs.) ;-)

Cheers!
Rich