Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Best circular saw? An evaluation

On Nov 15, 11:19*pm, "
wrote:
On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 21:32:27 -0600, "HeyBub" wrote:
By Popular Mechanics

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...s/11-circular-...

Everyone they tested had some good points.

They didn't even test a Festool. *;-)

I switched to a makita last time because it had a cast plate instead
of stamped steel. I agree about the worm gear ones but they are just
too expensive for my taste. I have a portable stand mounted dewalt
sliding coumpound miter for big jobs. I only use the the handheld
circular for odds and ends. If I have to cut a lot of boards I get
out the compound miter.