Posted to sci.electronics.repair
baron baron is offline

Default Another reason ...

Brenda Ann Inscribed thus:

"Baron" wrote in message
Dave Plowman (News) Inscribed thus:

In article ,
Arfa Daily wrote:
nor to cover the countryside and coastline with stupid ugly and
noisy windmills,

Strangely, I slept in a caravan in the middle of a wind farm in the
NE of Scotland just a few weeks ago. Was attending a classic car
race meeting. Those weren't noisy. Depending on wind direction you
could sometimes just hear a 'swish swish'. But this was in a very
isolated part of the country. Most parts of the UK have the distant
sound of aircraft, etc.

I agree with Dave ! I too have done the same, slept in a camper van
in
the middle of a wind farm ! No real noise at all.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

I've been to wind farms myself. The only noise is sort of a muted
'whoosh-whoosh', and that with a standard 3 blade unit. There are
spiracle types made to make even less noise.

I think people that don't want alternative energy are equating
windmills with giant fans, which make much more noise because they are
moving air, and not air moving them.. BIG difference!

Yes I agree. It annoys me that that the objectors try to use noise
pollution from wind farms as a method of garnering support. I won't
deny that the visual aspect is intrusive.

We have a group locally, only four or five people that want to ban wind
farms. They are using the arguments above as a method of trying to
bully the local residents into agreeing with them. The laughable thing
is the wind farm in question is going to be built more than ten miles
from the village. In addition its a fairly wooded area, so people
aren't going to be able to see them anyway !

--
Best Regards:
Baron.