Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Matsuura pics

Many machines use random tool selection. You load the tool in an empty
pocket and tell the machine an assigned tool number. The machine
remembers what pocket it puts the tool and will go to that pocket to
load it when you call up the tool number. The machine usually puts the
unloaded tool in the pocket of the tool that just got loaded. It will
also compute the fastest way to the new called up tool and rotate the
carousel in the shortest direction. Some machines you can also call up
the tool by the pocket number rather than the tool number at your option.

John

This is what "the Kid" has seen and wants me to do. He looks at the
machine mechanically and says, "easy peasy, just make it do this"

If nothing never ever went wrong, I can see how to do it. But, I
worked as an engineer making machines do my bidding for far too long
to know this will work.

Karl