Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Another reason ...

Brenda Ann wrote:

"Baron" wrote in message
Dave Plowman (News) Inscribed thus:

In article ,
Arfa Daily wrote:
nor to cover the countryside and coastline with stupid ugly and noisy
windmills,

Strangely, I slept in a caravan in the middle of a wind farm in the NE
of Scotland just a few weeks ago. Was attending a classic car race
meeting. Those weren't noisy. Depending on wind direction you could
sometimes just hear a 'swish swish'. But this was in a very isolated
part of the country. Most parts of the UK have the distant sound of
aircraft, etc.

I agree with Dave ! I too have done the same, slept in a camper van in
the middle of a wind farm ! No real noise at all.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

I've been to wind farms myself. The only noise is sort of a muted
'whoosh-whoosh', and that with a standard 3 blade unit. There are spiracle
types made to make even less noise.

I think people that don't want alternative energy are equating windmills
with giant fans, which make much more noise because they are moving air, and
not air moving them.. BIG difference!

Have you seen any of the videos of them failing in high winds and
exploding?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nSB1SdVHqQ

enough left over to pay them.