Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Design for the dump? / SSD's

On 2010-11-16, James Waldby wrote:
On 2010-11-15, Ignoramus25291 wrote:

I recently set up a computer that I hope will last over 10 years. It is
based on Intel atom CPU and has NO moving parts: SSD instead of a disk
drive and no fan. I will use it to be a server.

Hmm ... how many write cycles will the SSD survive? I know that

[ ... ]

Endurance of flash memory chips has increased a lot, so that
SSD lifetime and MTBF is better than some hard drives now.

Per http://www.storagesearch.com/ssdmyths-endurance.html,

A very interesting read, and it shows that my information was
certainly out of date.

I may look into using them in my next system. (And even see
that FC is among the supported offerings. :-)

Thanks,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564