Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Design for the dump?

John wrote:

(...)

One of the big problems today is that there are not many skilled repair
persons out there, most of them are parts changers, but as I think back
the TV repair shops were mostly tube changers. I made good money
repairing TV sets that the shops could not repair. I could do a complete
alignment right in the customers home. ]

In my yout, I worked for an outfit repairing telephone test gear.
Boss brought in a stereo, claimed it had lightning damage.

He was right. Every chip in the I.F. amp was fried.
I replaced them with 'workalike' parts and the thing
came to life! That was 'way more fun than replacing
a corroded switch in a breakdown test set.

--Winston