David Moodie

Default Choosing location for kitchen appliances

"Mark Webb" wrote in message
. uk...

We're trying to lay out the appliances for a new kitchen, and would
appreciate some impartial advice on a couple of queries please.

1) Is there any issues with placing a free standing larder (tall) fridge
next to a tall built in over housing?

2) Given the need to position an extractor hood over, is there any problem
with locating an electric hob right up to a window opening (i.e. along
side, not in front of)? No curtains but probably an inset blind in the
reveal.

3) To position a built in over near a corner, how much side clearance
should there be to stop the oven scorching the cabinets facing (around the
corner) when the door's open?

I guess I don't trust the designers not to tell me to do whatever results
in the most cabinets/expense.

Mark W.

Hi Mark

Many of the software packages used by the "pros" are available as a demo
version.
The one that I've used is kitchen draw see
http://www.kitchendraw.com/ or http://www.easycadplus.com/

its a 6.8Mb download which may put a few people off, but they give you 30
hours free use which should be more than adequate for my purposes and far
more useful that the usual 30 days trial period.

I didn't spend a great deal of time looking at alternative packages but
found this one to be very useful so far, I've still to finish off the
kitchen design (...I've still to finish the plans for the extension as
well), but it has proved very useful so far, and I will be using this
package again as it looks like we're doing the bathroom over the winter and
leaving the extension until next spring time.

cheers

David