Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise[_3_] Rich Grise[_3_] is offline

Default Design for the dump?

On 2010-11-15, Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Nov 15, 2:02 am, Don Foreman wrote:
Some things that -are- still repairable are usually replaced. Who
has recut a faucet seat, changed a CPU or rebuilt a carburetor or
starter motor?
[ ... ]
That's a list of repairs that someone thought I was crazy to do
myself, instead of buying new as they would have. I figured you guys
might have had the same experience.

They *already* think that I'm crazy, so they don't bother
mentioning specific examples. :-)

I've never had anybody explicitly call me crazy for fixing my own stuff,
but when the pipes under my mobile home froze and split, I had to be
crazy to fix them! (about 18" high crawlspace, on sand.)

Try 14 inches below the floor joists in mud in January, in Ohio.
While recovering from the flu.

OK, you win. My sand was dry, but if it had been warm enough for mud
the pipes probably wouldn't have frozen. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich