Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise[_3_] Rich Grise[_3_] is offline

Default Design for the dump?

On 2010-11-15, Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Nov 15, 2:02*am, Don Foreman wrote:
Some things that -are- still repairable are usually replaced. Who has
recut a faucet seat, changed a CPU or rebuilt a carburetor or starter
motor?

[ ... ]
That's a list of repairs that someone thought I was crazy to do
myself, instead of buying new as they would have. I figured you guys
might have had the same experience.

They *already* think that I'm crazy, so they don't bother
mentioning specific examples. :-)

I've never had anybody explicitly call me crazy for fixing my own stuff, but
when the pipes under my mobile home froze and split, I had to be crazy
to fix them! (about 18" high crawlspace, on sand.)

Thanks,
Rich