Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] mkoblic@gmail.com is offline

Default Center drills

On 16 Nov 2010 00:00:30 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"
wrote:

[ ... ]

Indeed -- and not letting you select for yourself is even more
offensive.

At least the Forte Agent looks like it might do the job. Like anything
it needed a bit of tweaking but at least it does not miss posts and it
formats the replies properly. Probably worth $29.

[...]

If you are actually seeing the end of the arbor, it should be
flat with a center drill hole in the end, since the taper was ground
between centers.

That is what I *thought* I saw...

[...]

Fastenal say many things on their web-site which do not necessarily
reflect reality up here. I shall give them a call.

O.K.

Good luck with the purchase.

I would actually get two (I did actually get two from MSC) so
there is a spare if one gets the rather pointy tip broken.

Over the years I have made it a policy to have two of everything if
possible so yes, it will apply here too.

I was quite nervous when we sold our second car...

Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC