Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Design for the dump?

One comment states:
"Things like LCD panels themselves are simply impossible to repair,
period. It'd be like repairing the inside of an old-fashioned CRT. Isn't
gonna happen."

Actually, my boss had a pair of pretty fancy LCDs, and just out of
warranty one of the backlights quit. He asked me to look at it, it was
obvious that some uncut leads on the back of the inverter board had
poked through some flimsy plastic insulation and was sparking to
grounded shield material. I snipped the leads flush to the PC board,
then replaced the plastic with heavy mylar film and put it back
together. The next day I did the other monitor just to prevent a repeat
at a random time.

Now, if you bust the glass or something electronic in the LCD display
itself goes out, it would be next to impossible to fix. The row and
column driver chips are attached to the glass by tiny flex circuits, and
the active matrix ones have transistors printed on the glass.

Jon