Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Matsuura pics

more for limits and homes) The one indisputable strength of Camsoft is
how well it integrates I/O with the control.

Sorry, both EMC/EMC2 and Mach3 also handle as much I/O as you need quite
happily

I can see agreeing on which control is best is just like agreeing
whose religion is best.

My control is better, but its too expensive. If EMC were this well
developed when I started doing serious refits, I would have went that
route. I would, and have, recommended EMC to other hobbyists. I
personally still wouldn't suggest EMC to a shop in business for $
unless they had a refit guru on site.

Now the other control you mention has a concept design problem for
serious machines. No amount of good engineering can overcome a poor
concept.

Like I said, its like religion. If you aren't a Lutheran, you're just
not right VBG. My two cents. I'm not changing your mind, you won't
change mine.

Now, this tool change logic will be a stone bitch. "The Kid" has asked
for ability to load tools every other pocket and then always put the
tool in the empty next to the one you need for very rapid tool change.
This could get REAL COMPLEX and may not happen.

That would be pretty insane since you'd have to constantly be changing
the tool table. The big machines do fast tool changes by using a double
ended tool changer arm, pre-fetching the next tool on one side and then
doing the quick swap at the spindle letting it get back to work while
the old tool is being put away. Looking at the pictures, you don't have
clearance to change to a double ended ATC arm.

Yea, I'm not modifying the machine. I may play with a dynamic tool
table. WAY down the road.

Karl