Posted to rec.woodworking

Default CAUTION !! HF Multifunction Tool

wrote:
On Nov 14, 8:27 pm, "Mike Marlow"

...and they're all shut down at the WallyWorld here. Go figure.
The Lowes just installed them and that's all I use anymore (they're
all that's open at the HD across the street).

That would be surprising. Home Depots Customer First focus includes
manning cash registers with real live cashiers. Hard to believe a
Home Depot store would have only self service checkouts open.

Mike, you know each HD store is different, right? Regardless of
training, teaching, corporate mandates, required behavior response to
customer training, company guidelines, awareness initiatives,
handbooks, seminar training, rules, policies, and all the other
efforts made to standardize the stores... they are all different.
Every store has its personality, more so than any chain store I have
ever seen.

Just sayin', Mike. I know you are intimate knowledge of the inner
workings of HD, but policies don't make it so.

Oh yeah - I'm fully aware of that. That's why I only said it would be
surprising, rather than outright challenging the assertion. That's one of
the bigger mandates that the mid-line guys are measured by and tend to
enforce. As you pointed out - there are differences at a lot of levels,
between stores - even in a locale, but somethings are generally very
standard across a chain. In particular - having a cashier tends to be one
of those. You do afterall, have to have a place for people to bring all
those big things that won't fit on a self service scanner...

All of the stores will put cashiers out on the floor doing things like
facing shelves, etc. during really slow periods. But there will always be
at least one cashier open at all times - generally at contractor's, just
because you can't scan everything at self service. If business picks up -
they just haul those cashiers back from the floor and open another til. In
theory...

--

-Mike-