Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] celticsoc@aol.com is offline

Default REGISTRY CLEANER

Hey, now I have a computer question:

I was recently told by a customer service rep that no virus can ever
be removed, that if you get a virus, the hard drive needs to be erased
and reformatted. Not the kind of advice I was looking to get.

I used to go to a website (SpywareInfo.org) where one could ask
questions, upload a log of his computer's registry, etc. (Hijack This!
logs, for example) and have someone look into the log, tell him what
registry changes to make, and remove bugs, viruses, and such. The
page is no longer active, but I long for such a place. Anyone know
where I can find one again?

I am having a few problems, and I would like to be able to fix them
without hauling my computer off to someone who will charge an arm and
a leg to tell me the problem can't be fixed. I am capable of
following step-by-step instructions, which is what one used to get at
SpywareInfo.org. I am, however, somewhat computer illiterate, so I
need the walk-you-through-it kind of help they provided.