Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Generator Governor Issues

Steve Kraus wrote:
Guess I'll order a carb kit. Again. I grew up with Tecumseh and this is
my only Briggs experience. I hope for their sake my experience is atypical
because it's been fairly annoying, primarily the carb.

Well, the problem isn't unique to B&S; I've Tecumseh's that suffer the
same fate. But, first determine if there's your problem. You can
determine if there are air leaks by the spray solvent test, verify there
aren't any leaking gaskets, loose connections, etc. Parts w/o knowing
they're the right parts won't necessarily help (and if it were the
throttle shaft problem, there's nothing in the kit that'll help, anyway).

How old is the genset, what kind of run time?