Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Help me figure the cost to charge a Chevy Volt in my town?

Smitty Two wrote in
news
In article ,
Jim Yanik wrote:

Smitty Two wrote in newsrestwhich-
:

They're commuter cars, anyway. One should charge them at work
rather than at home.

There would have to be enough outlets available all across the
parking lot,or electric-only spaces,most likely the latter.
also,who pays for the charge?

Vandals could also unplug your car on you while you're at work.

Uh, I was joking, Jim, but a big company constructing new facilities
might do well to outfit it with a fair number of charging stations,
and offer the electricity as a fringe benefit to anyone wanting to
take advantage of it.

then you'll get electricity theives who hook up at night to power their
RVs... B-)

HMM,mobile pot growing semi-trucks? mark them as ordinary shipping truck
lines.....move around every night to elude discovery.... ;-)

seriously,
I'm surprised Nike or Microsoft hasn't done it yet.
They could include them at their executive reserved parking spots.

I could see a small company doing it,as they would not have to install so
many outlets or stations.

Did you catch the Autoweek episode yesterday on PBS,about electrics?
I was surprised to hear about a 480v charging station for rapid charges.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik