Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson Jon Anderson is offline

Default OT-New traffic cameras

On 11/14/2010 11:17 AM, Bob Engelhardt wrote:

So, there's no law against tailgating? G

I did say, overwhelmingly, not totally... G
There's a whole lot of road between towns with little or nothing in
between. Enforcement seems to focus in and just outside of towns, though
one never knows where a roving speed trap might turn up.
But even cops will tailgate.

First week of driving there, I got 'booze bused' as Danni puts it. Just
out of Coota, everyone was being pulled over to face a breathalyzer. It
was the day after a national holiday, and standard practice. Guy didn't
even look twice at my CA license, just pointed the working end at my
mouth while I counted to five.
Around last New Years here in Grass Valley, I came out of a shopping
center at night, to find fire and police vehicles lining the road with
lights flashing, and road cones to channel traffic. I was wide eyed
wondering what sort of huge accident had occurred. First cop just asks
me if I've had anything to drink, and when I say no, lets me go with a
smile.... Bit of contrast there... I'm pretty sure cops need some
reasonable suspicion to administer the test here.

'Booze bused' btw refers to sometimes having a van or bus setup to
administer blood/alcohol tests, though it's come to refer to even the
casual breathalyzer testing.

Jon