Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman[_3_] The Medway Handyman[_3_] is offline

Default How much to change a pullswitch?

dennis@home wrote:
"geoff" wrote in message
In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"geoff" wrote in message

Would you like to actually admit that you are wrong here?

No, but I will if you paste the link so I can check the source, I
wouldn't trust *you* to tell me the time.

There you go SFB

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/managing/...ng/reclaim.htm

now you can admit you are wrong, you stupid retard

OK.

So you admit to being 100% wrong?

However it does raise an interesting point..

someone who is not VAT registered like TMH would pay VAT if he
supplies the goods..

Correct.

Someone who gets TMH to buy the goods and then claims back the goods
is assisting TMH in avoiding registering for VAT..

Someone buying goods from me cannot possibly claim the VAT **** for brains,
because I'm not registered and don't have a VAT number. Unless I use their
cash to buy the goods in their name & give then=m the VAT reciept - which is
no different from them buying the goods themselves.

however he does this at a cost.. he loses all rights as a consumer
if the goods are bad.

No he doesn't you ****ing idiot.

If he buys it from TMH then TMH would be responsible for it working, if
not TMH isn't responsible unless he botches the install..

For once you are right.

If he refused to "buy" the goods and TMH did, the customer would
still be able to reclaim the VAT and have TMH responsible for it
being OK.

No he wouldn't you idiot. You have no idea how VAT works. I'm not
registered, so I don't charge VAT seperately. The client cannot claim any
input VAT from my invoice.

I would do the later so TMH would have to fulfil his
contract and TMH would have to seek recompense from the supplier if
there was a problem, not the customer.

If you did the latter **** for brains, you couldn't use the VAT element as
input.

My charges would therefore be for fitting the customers item. It would be
their responsibility for sorting out any problem with the supplier they
bought the goods from.

So, once again, despite wrigging like the worm you are, you have made a
complete & utter prat of yourself again.

I await your appology.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk