Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default How much to change a pullswitch?

In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"geoff" wrote in message

Would you like to actually admit that you are wrong here?

No, but I will if you paste the link so I can check the source, I
wouldn't trust *you* to tell me the time.

There you go SFB

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/vat/managing/...ng/reclaim.htm

now you can admit you are wrong, you stupid retard

OK.

Was that "OK, yes, I was wrong "?

However it does raise an interesting point..

someone who is not VAT registered like TMH would pay VAT if he supplies
the goods..
Someone who gets TMH to buy the goods and then claims back the goods is
assisting TMH in avoiding registering for VAT..
however he does this at a cost.. he loses all rights as a consumer if
the goods are bad.

It is no different from someone buying a boiler and asking an installer
to fit it for him

If the goods are faulty, he still has his rights as a consumer

If you had a clue about business, an example like this cannot be
construed as avoiding VAt registration, unless there is PROOF of
collusion to evade registration (e.g. A letter stating words to that
effect

If he buys it from TMH then TMH would be responsible for it working, if
not TMH isn't responsible unless he botches the install..
If he refused to "buy" the goods and TMH did, the customer would still
be able to reclaim the VAT and have TMH responsible for it being OK. I
would do the later so TMH would have to fulfil his contract and TMH
would have to seek recompense from the supplier if there was a problem,
not the customer.

Its up to the customer how he wants to use TMH's services, not something
which the VAT man would be interested in

So, the answer is OK, yes, you were wrong regarding claiming VAT on
expenditure, then

A simple yes or no would suffice

--
geoff