Posted to rec.woodworking
Robert Haar[_3_] Robert Haar[_3_] is offline

Default Color of cherry

On 11/13/10 8:42 AM, in article ,
" wrote:

Well, duh, Sherlock. If a customer comes to a custom cabinet maker and
says they want a particular type of wood and they want a clear
coating, they obviously want the color of the wood to be a certain
color to match the rest of the kitchen decor. A PROFESSIONAL cabinet
maker would not want those cabinets finished in a way that the color
would change. If the customer wanted an aged look, the cabinet maker
would age it before protecting it to prevent further aging.

I would say that any professional would listens to the customer and make
sure that he understands what the customer wants.

When we remodeled our kitchen, I chose cherry cabinets with a clear finish
and really wanted the natural aging process. WE knew that it would not have
the same color one the first day as one or five or ten years later. WE have
several cherry antiques and the wood colors are all different. The variety
adds interest IMO.

But we understood what we were getting and how the look would change over
time.