Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default How much to change a pullswitch?

In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"ad" wrote in message
On Nov 14, 10:08 am, "The Medway Handyman" davidno-spam-
wrote:

The only exception to that is if its an expensive item & the
customer is VAT
registered (I'm not). In that case I ask for cash from them, get
the item &
give them the change & the VAT receipt.

And I wonder how many 'small traders' charge VAT when they aren't even
registered for it ?.

Only the ones committing fraud.
Incidentally claiming VAT back on stuff that is not passed on to a
third party is also fraud.

Rubbish

To quote from the HMRC site (I think that they have more of a clue about
it than you do, although you might like to try and tell them that they
are wrong if you like)

"Generally, you can reclaim VAT that you pay when you buy goods or
services for your business. This VAT is called input tax by HMRC"

So, for example, if a window gets broken, if VAT is charged on the
repair, this can be offset against VAT payable, likewise, the VAT on a
company vehicle, or, in fact, any legitimate expense incurred in running
the business.

My heating, lighting, fuel, and other expenses which are nothing to do
directly with what I produce are all offsettable against the VAT I
charge on them

You really are a stupid, clueless 'kin retard

Would you like to actually admit that you are wrong here?

The whole concept of VAT is that its the end user that pays.
It is illegal for a company to buy something, use it and then claim the
VAT back.
That means the VAT has not been paid and a fraud has taken place.

--
geoff