Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default How much to change a pullswitch?

"ad" wrote in message
On Nov 14, 10:08 am, "The Medway Handyman" davidno-spam-
wrote:

The only exception to that is if its an expensive item & the customer is
VAT
registered (I'm not). In that case I ask for cash from them, get the
item &
give them the change & the VAT receipt.

And I wonder how many 'small traders' charge VAT when they aren't even
registered for it ?.

Only the ones committing fraud.
Incidentally claiming VAT back on stuff that is not passed on to a third
party is also fraud.
The whole concept of VAT is that its the end user that pays.
It is illegal for a company to buy something, use it and then claim the VAT
back.
That means the VAT has not been paid and a fraud has taken place.