Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tabby Tabby is offline

Default Fridge thermostat

On Nov 13, 9:51*pm, "Matthew.Ridges" wrote:
Hi,

Out of interest really after trying to fix a failed fridge freezer (turned
out to be leaking refridgerant so not an economical repair)...but I
suspected the thermostat

... Sooo basically the thermostat is located in the fridge with a dial
infront of it with 1-5.. I removed the plastic covering, and the dial and
say the stat it had 4 prongs, one which of which had push on connectors
going to it but also has a metal tube sorta affair hair wired for want of a
better word to it, I guess the pipe that measures the refridgerant
temperature ?

My question is if it was the thermostat how would you change it if this
metal pipe is built into the stat ?

Thanks

Many such machines can be refilled with butane and work.

NT