Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Another reason ...

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
if that's what you want,then MOVE to somewhere that does that sort of
stuff. don't try to enact it here in the US. We value our freedom.

Freedom is important -- critical, vital -- with respect to what we think,
which people we associate with, which books we read, which church we
attend,
whom we have sex with, etc.

It is of less than zero importance with respect to the cars we drive or
the
lamps we illuminate our houses with. The economic stability of this
country
is far more important. Those who scream "FREEDOM! FREEDOM! FREEDOM!" are
the
ones doing the most to destroy this country's economic vitality.

But it is not of "less than zero importance". We are talking of a principle
here, and you can't have a principle that's valid for one set of ideas, and
not for a different set that don't suit your particular views. A principle
must be valid right across the board, otherwise, it's not one ...

You can disagree with some aspects of the way a principle is applied to
life, but you can't invalidate it for those conditions, just because of that
disagreement.

Arfa