Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Matsuura pics

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 22:26:49 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 20:14:40 -0500, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

Karl Townsend wrote:
Pete wanted to see my machine. I made NO ATTEMPT to clean up. Lots a
wires hanging around. You can see I'm not done yet. ...

Dang - that's a complicated machine. What's the Mean Time Between
Failures - an hour or two? G You know, with n parts, each of which
has a probability P of failure in the next hour, the probability that at
least one of the will fail in the next hour is 1-(1-P)^n. E.g., 1000
parts & .01% (10,000 hours MTBF) each is 10% overall.

Matsura is Good Stuff. Even machines that old. And it looks to have been
well taken care of. Most often the control boxes are an oil soaked
********. Those look...Nice.

You're right, this is an extremely clean example of a very fine
machine. This old girl don't deserve the scrap heap.

Now, the inside of all the electrical was indeed an oil soaked
********. The two panels you're looking at were stripped bare and
cleaned. There's a lower wire way out to X,Y and the operator panel.
They held more dirt oil and swarf than wire. Julie has been calling me
her laundry problem.

Karl