Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Sivori Tony Sivori is offline

Default OT Chinese productivity

Caesar Romano wrote:

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 12:41:18 -0500, Tony Sivori
wrote Re OT Chinese productivity:

Kurt Ullman wrote:

In article ,
Caesar Romano wrote:

Chinese workers build 15-story hotel in just six days

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot...hinese-workers
-build-15-story-hotel-in-just-six-days

They did not build it. They ASSEMBLED it, according to the report.
BIG difference.

I agree with you, this is not the amazing feat that it seems to be.

The six days did not include site preparation or foundation work
(referencing Jon Danniken's post, I can only hope they bothered with a
foundation).

Work proceeded 24 hours per day. Tough luck for the neighbors, but in a
communist dictatorship no one complains. There was no true "building" (no
measuring, cutting, welding, riveting, or grinding), there was only
prefab assembly. Six cranes were in service, compared to the usual one or
two.

Good excuses, but in the end they are the ones getting the job done and
the Western countries are the ones loosing the jobs.

Those are not excuses. They are reasons and facts.

We're losing jobs because of corporate greed. Why pay a decent, living
wage when you can instead abuse the economically disadvantaged?

They are on the way up; we are on the way down; and we are just passing
in the middle.

American worker productivity is much higher than Chinese workers.

"U.S. Workers World's Most Productive"

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n3228735.shtml

--
Tony Sivori