Posted to alt.home.repair
Johnny[_4_] Johnny[_4_] is offline

Default OT Chinese productivity

"Robert Green" wrote in message
"Johnny" wrote in message

stuff snipped

And like it or not, that's one aspect of globalization:
we now have to compete with low-wage earners across the world.

And some stand on the sidelines cheering, as we turn the USA into a
third
world country.

We don't have to compete with a third world nation wages. That is unless
people want to see our Nation turned into a third world country.

How, exactly, would you accomplish liberating us from competing against
China when 9 out of 10 items in most every store in the nation comes from
China or some other low wage country? When the unfunded pension and
benefits liabilities of the state and local governments snowball in the
not
to distant future, we'll surely be way up ****'s Creek with a leaky boat
and
no paddles. Sadly, I think we're already way too far down the line in
this
process to reverse it short of a comet destroying the other side of the
world.

People should go to jail "if" pensions were underfunded. There are ones who
have a fiduciary responsiblity for this very reason. Employees pay into
these pensions, along with their employer (government). It would be like
having a 401 with employer matching up to "x" amount, then the employer
saying "sorry" there's no money. And, everyone would say don't pay the
retirement, in order to keep the company afloat.

As far as competition, the competition is building plants here. Workers
flock to them. I wouldn't care if I worked for a foreign company or not. If
big so called "American" companies want to keep a handful of jobs here, and
outsource the rest, that's their right. But, they shouldn't be crying "buy
American" just because they're using the loopholes here. Back to China,
they are now taxing all foreign companies building/operating in their
country @ 30%. "American" used to hide behind the loopholes here & in
China. The chicken is coming home to roost, or whatever that saying is.