Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default Another reason ...

Jim Yanik wrote:

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in
:

From my view, governments /should/ be forcing (yes, forcing) people to
do what's necessary to save energy. Market forces are highly effective
in making short-term changes; they are much less effective in
effecting proper long-term changes. (Things usually get worse until
they abruptly collapse.) The problem, of course, is making sure the
forced changes are rational and occur in the correct order.

if that's what you want,then MOVE to somewhere that does that sort of
stuff. don't try to enact it here in the US. We value our freedom.

Freedom?
Last time I heard, that was coming up short!