Renata

Default OT - Is this representative of US public opinion? UK Newspaper Front Page

The question is, can anyone disagree with these facts?

for example, something not well advertised beyond stating that the tax
cuts are NOT only for the wealthy:

"88%: Percentage of American citizens who will save less than $100 on
their 2006 federal taxes as a result of 2003 cut in capital gains and
dividends taxes"

Additionally,

"$42,000: Average savings members of Bush's cabinet are expected to
enjoy this year as a result in the cuts in capital gains and dividends
taxes

$42,228: Median household income in the US in 2001

$116,000: Amount Vice-President Cheney is expected to save each year
in taxes

44%: Percentage of Americans who believe the President's economic
growth plan will mostly benefit the wealthy"

Can anyone dispute these? Can anyone tell us why they're so enamoured
of these tax cuts that are so extraordinarily helpful to y'all? Or is
this quite the elite group, on par with the Cabinet?

Renata

On 20 Jan 2004 05:30:57 -0800, (Noel
Hegan) wrote:

This was on the front page of my newspaper today as a "introduction"
to the Bush state of the nation speech. From an American point of view
how does it read? Is it a true representation of the Bush
administration and the US economy? This is not in anyway a political
post,I've just an interest in world affairs.
http://news.independent.co.uk/world/...p?story=482947

Rgds

Noel

noel dot hegan at virgin dot net