Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive George Clive George is offline

Default How much to change a pullswitch?

On 13/11/2010 22:47, Ian Jackson wrote:
In message , Cash
?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?@?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.? .?.?.?.?.//.com.invalid
writes
ARWadsworth wrote:
£436 with the firm shown on watchdog

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...og_11_11_2010/

About 12 minutes in but various other bits with the firm throughout
the programme that are worth watching.

So if anyone wants a pullswitch fitting give me a call and I'll fit
it for £400 anywhere in the country:-)

Adam, an even better one.

Did you see the item at the end of the program where a mother wanted to
insure her seventeen year old daughter to drive a Ford Fiesta?

The quotation for that was a mere £94,475 ...... bloody hell, this is
one of
the very, very few times I'm glad I'm not seventeen!!

Who runs the insurance companies these days? Out-of-work bankers?

While undoubtedly there are some dodgy young drivers, I can't believe
that their insurance risk is anywhere as bad as the insurance companies
have suddenly found them to be.

And because of the extortionate charges of essentially unaffordable
rates, I would have thought that many young drivers are now being
tempted to risk driving without insurance. Is this what society really
wants?

You know when you get that question, "Has an insurance company ever
refused to cover you?". Offering cover at an insane price means they can
tell you to go elsewhere without having to give you that problem in the
future.