Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman[_3_] The Medway Handyman[_3_] is offline

Default How much to change a pullswitch?

Hugh Jampton wrote:
On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 14:59:13 -0000, ARWadsworth wrote:

So if anyone wants a pullswitch fitting give me a call and I'll fit
it for £400 anywhere in the country:-)

OK - a serious question ...

I'm a pensioner. I call you out to do exactly that job. You fix it in
10 minutes.

What would you charge me ?

I'd charge £30 because thats my minimum job fee - covers 30 mins work, but
no fixed appointment other than 'Tuesday PM' or similar.

That you are a pensioner wouldn't make a difference. Mortgages, fuel, fags,
beer, food etc are (in general) no cheaper for pensioners, why should I be?

I can't go into Tesco & ask for a discount because I've been working for
pensioners.

Sorry if that sounds harsh..

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman