Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Miklos[_2_] Tony Miklos[_2_] is offline

Default chainsaw will not start (now, ether killed a generator)

On 11/12/2010 6:50 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I got to bring the locked-up generator home. I used a large wrench to
turn the flywheel. It did occur to me to pump some oil in the
cylinder, but I did not. Dont have to, it's splash lubricated, right?

The generator did start, ran for a fraction of a second, and the
piston rod broke. Knocked a hole in the side of the engine. I'll
admit, I'm embarassed at the crude language I used, for many minutes.
I sold the wreck on ebay for about $75.

I retell the story in hopes to save others from making the same
mistake.

Maybe he used a whole can of ether on it?