Posted to alt.home.repair
William[_9_] William[_9_] is offline

Default space heaters and oddly-sized storm door looking for advice

Looking for advice and suggestions.

1) I have an old house in Minnesota. There's an upstairs porch and
the door that leads to it is 80 by 24 inches. There's no storm door
and much air leaks through the cracks around the door. I'd like to
get a storm door, but noone makes that size. I went to Menard's and
they quoted me for $550 for a custom sized storm door. Anyone know
how/where I might get one at a better price?

2) My basement if finished, but quite cold. Any suggestions for
strong, good space heaters? I did read about a heater that runs on
natural gas, but it's unvented and I read that that's bad for air
quality.

Thanks,

Will McGillis