Posted to rec.woodworking
Rusty[_3_] Rusty[_3_] is offline

Default Color of cherry

Just put the Cherry wood in sunlight for a day or so , it darkens up nicely
or finished project in sunny room. Most cherry furniture you find in stores
is stained or coloured maple ect. to look cherry. The Chatoyancy of oiled
cherry is it's own thing, nothing quit like it

"jtpr" wrote in message
I felled a black cherry tree in my yard and now I'm milling the wood
from it. I am finding all of this wood to be about the color of
Maple, maybe a wee bit darker. How come whenever you see any Cherry
furniture or cabinets it is a dark reddish brown in color? Is it
always stained?

-Jim