Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise[_3_] Rich Grise[_3_] is offline

Default Carnival Splendor cruise ship fire

Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Nov 13, 12:03*pm, "Pete C." wrote:
Ignoramus1439 wrote:

For example, unlike a city, it could sink in 45 minutes.

Much of New Orleans "sank" in 45 minutes...

And Titanic had more lifeboats.

Everybody's still blaming Bush for Katrina. Well, howcome for the THREE DAYS
while Katrina was building up in the gulf, and the mayor was on TeeVee
EVERY DAY, saying, "GET OUT!! I have ordered mandatory evacuations! GET
OUT!!!" they all just sat there?

There was a string of buses waiting to evacuate people, but they were left
to be flooded; all the residents said, 'Nah, suh, we's be fine - it's jess
a lil' ol' hurricane." and sat there.

They have nobody to blame but themselves.

Thanks,
Rich