Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default OT-New traffic cameras

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 13:15:47 GMT, Doug White
wrote:

"azotic" wrote in
:

?Even the most law-abiding driver might feel a shiver down the spine
when spotting this speed camera at the roadside.

For as well as detecting speeding, it is packed with gizmos that check
number plates to make sure insurance and tax are up to date.

It also measures the distance between vehicles to spot tailgating and
takes pictures of the inside of the car - to make sure you are wearing
a seat belt.

It is the first to detect multiple offences at the same time and is
connected to police computers via satellite, so that prosecutions can
be started within seconds of any offence.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...eed-camera-che
cks-insurance-tax-wearing-seatbelt.html

Kool, just debit the the vehicles owners bank acoount. I can see cash
straped states in the US

importing these little money makers.

Don't laugh. Switzerland had speed trap cameras as far back as 1980.
Because the goverment ran the phones, they would take your picture, send
you a copy & add the amount of the ticket to your phone bill.

The Swiss live in a (so far) benevolent poice state, and the people there
are very law abiding. I visited over the holidays, and would take my
host's dog for a walk along a suburban highway. 2 miles out on one side
& 2 miles back, and I saw 4 pieces of litter. You can't go 50 feet along
a similar road in this country without seeing more trash.

Doug White

That must depend on what part of the country. I can walk a mile along
a road in central MN without seeing any litter.