Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Carnival Splendor cruise ship fire

"F. George McDuffee" wrote:

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 21:42:00 -0600, Ignoramus4438
wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnival_Splendor

According to Wikipedia, the fire occurred because "crankcase split". I
have to wonder what happened exactly, how could the crankcase split,
and if it did split, it must have been a massive oil leak.

=========
This should give us all pause as the size and population
densities of urban areas increase and we become increasingly
dependant on all-or-nothing "technology," where everything
works or nothing works, and the failure of some obscure
subsystem can bring the whole house of cards down.

Who's "we" bubba? Speak for yourself, I avoid urban areas like the
plague they are and I am not at all reliant on their house of cards.