Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Home Depot

aemeijers wrote:
-snip-

ISTR something in labor law about no more than 5 hours in a row without
a meal break? Or maybe that is just the union contract where I work.
(Legally meaningless, since I work for the Feds, but still mostly
followed anyway.)

Here is NY's law on it;
http://www.labor.ny.gov/workerprotec...yer/meals.shtm

30 years ago I worked retail & the employer was breaking that law. A
person complained. The employer found out. He fired them. When the
labor folks came around to investigate the complaint, the employer
told them he didn't work there anymore-- so there was no
investigation.

Retail work sucks. But I'm glad I did it for a few months just so I
could appreciate some of the better jobs I've had.

Jim