Posted to alt.home.repair
youn youn is offline

Default Web application tell you geographic elevation information aboutyour home,

On Nov 12, 11:35*pm, Tony Miklos wrote:
On 11/10/2010 5:33 PM, Larry W wrote:

In ,
*wrote:
This is a handy apps for you to retrieve more detail information about
your home.
http://heightmap.appspot.com/heights.html

Very intesting application but does not appear to be accurate. I checked a
location where I know there is an elevation difference on the order
of 10-15 meters and the application only showed a difference of 2 meters,
and in the wrong direction, too.

Seems close here. *1494' at the road and 1588' at the house. *Yes I'm on
a small mountain with a steep driveway. *Now I'm not sure if I'm doing
this right... Driveway is 528' long with a 94' incline, that's less than
an 18 degree pitch? *I thought it was steeper?

thanks for the feedback. hope the possible unit problem does not
bother you