Posted to alt.home.repair
Worn out Retread Worn out Retread is offline

Default Appliances with mechanical controls not electronics?

"hr(bob) " wrote in message
On Nov 11, 8:37 am, "Bill" wrote:
"Bill who putters" wrote in message

Seems lately my appliance failures are due to electronic failures.
Dish washer now gone bad twice (Maytag quietseries 300.)
Anyone know of appliances with mechanical control? Gas stove with
all
the heat is just waiting to fail.
Upside washing dishes by hand not so bad not quick but not too bad.
May be cleaner and use less water too.

Also electronic controls *always* are on and always use electricity to
power them. When I can't find something with an old fashioned on/off
switch (uses NO electricity when off), I add a switch.

Then some things can't be taken apart without destroying them lately.
They make the plastic parts so they permanently lock when snapped
together. (They want to make darn sure you always use a little
electricity!) In those cases, I plug it into an external switch so I
can totally turn it off when not in use.

Some of the companies which make these products also make electric
company power generation equipment. I would imagine that if millions
of people fill their homes with gadgets which always use electricity,
then the electric companies would need to add on more power generating
capacity/equipment? $$

Boy, are you cynicalG.

But is he wrong??