Posted to rec.woodworking

Default CAUTION !! HF Multifunction Tool

In article ,
says...

Mike Marlow wrote:

Hoosierpopi wrote:

Home Depot will take it back. You may need get a manager and tell him
"I do all my shopping here and have for years because you always deal
fairly with me when I had a problem. Here I simply purchased the wrong
thing and have no earthly need for it at it doesn't fit my tool."

Much easier than that. Just take it in and tell them you want to return
it. Read the big sign right up over the returns counter.

They may, now, charge a ten (10%) percent re-stock fee - look at your
receipt - it tells you.

HD company policy is not to charge a returns (restock) fee.

Push. Squeaky wheels gret the grease.

A few years back my wife and I looked at a Rubbermaid 7 x 7 shed with
a big sign declaring it was $347 or so. After checking Lowes down the
road (theirs was nearer six hundred) we returned to the order desk and
tried to buy it. They said they had no 7x7 shed at that price. After
checking, they asked if I had see the five hundred plus sticker on the
shelf, above.

We replied, "We saw nothing on a shelf, we walked inside it."

Long story short, I got it for the mis-marked price less ten-percent
for putting it on my new HD card. Ah, grease.

That's standard practice for mismarked items as long as it is clear that
the item was really mismarked and not a case of the wrong signage having
been
moved in front of a product. Usually it's easy to tell the difference
because the signage has the sku number right on it. Not really a matter
of squeaky wheel/grease though - just standard business practice.

Just the other day I went through the self check out line at HD and bought a
few items. When I realized I bought the wrong item I checked the receipt and
I was charged twice for it. When I went to return it and explain that
somehow I was charged for two of the same item but only received the one
they gave me money back on both. They trusted that I was telling the truth.
And the woman said I know you're in here all the time and don't think you
would try to burn us for 10.00. Next time I won't be in such a hurry not to
check the totals at check out. But it always seems I'm in a hurry when at
HD.

Got some bolts at the local hardware store (the one where there's
usually a large cat sleeping on the scale next to the register) and they
didn't come up on the computer. They asked me how much they cost, I
told 'em "I think they were 9.99", they charged me that and we were
done. Next time I was in I checked--they were 9.95--I'm not gonna
trouble them for the four cents.

Bit different from Home Despot where I got some plywood once and had to
and nobody could figure out how to look for "plywood" in the computer.
Note--the store with the cat doesn't have plywood.