Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner[_3_] Steve Turner[_3_] is offline

Default Color of cherry

On 11/12/2010 5:00 AM, jtpr wrote:
I felled a black cherry tree in my yard and now I'm milling the wood
from it. I am finding all of this wood to be about the color of
Maple, maybe a wee bit darker. How come whenever you see any Cherry
furniture or cabinets it is a dark reddish brown in color? Is it
always stained?

-Jim

Because we live in a world of instant gratification and people can't stand to
wait the six months to a year it takes for Cherry to darken on its own. And
stained Cherry never looks as good as it would if it were just left alone.

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.