Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Home Depot

On 11/11/2010 10:45 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"Steve B" wrote

Back a bit in NC I was in one and the tool dept head was venting to
another
employee. From what I overheard (and it wasn't hard) they wanted some
people to come in, work for an hour, take their lunch break then work
the
remaining shift.

Imagine that. Am employer asking an employee to do something!

Ridiculous!

Steve

Schedule like that makes for a messed up day. I'd certainly bitch about
it. Work an hour, break an hours, work seven hours. That would get old
fast.

ISTR something in labor law about no more than 5 hours in a row without
a meal break? Or maybe that is just the union contract where I work.
(Legally meaningless, since I work for the Feds, but still mostly
followed anyway.)

But yeah, expecting people to work (other than in an emergency) an
oddball shift like that, is an indicator of ****-poor planning. By the
last 2-3 hours of their shift, even for healthy people, their sugar
levels will be way low, they will be making more mistakes and getting
less work done, and they will be snapping at the customers. Hungry
people are cranky people.

--
aem sends...