Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Home Depot

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 10:58:56 -0800, David Nebenzahl
wrote:

On 11/11/2010 10:40 AM Country spake thus:

I was in my local Home Depot the other day and instead of the usual
friendly service everyone I saw working there looked like they were
not very happy to be there and a lot less friendly and less patient
than what I remember.

Anything bad going on in the world of HD?

Maybe just the usual crap? Stupid, overbearing bosses, crappy pay,
virtually no training, etc.?

Friend of mine works at the Despot and reports all of the above.

Ackshooly, since I'm in my local store almost weekly, I've noticed over
the last year or so a definite upgrading of the staff, as well as a
noticeably cleaner store. They seemed to have gone on something of a
hiring spree, and also seem to be responding to what they must know is a
****-poor customer service image. But this may vary from store to store.

I've found this varies from region to region, not so much store to store. I
don't know if it's regional management or perhaps they "feel the heat" in some
areas more than others.